S
NEWS

06.20 - Summer Festival Event is here!
06.20 - Summer Update: Part 4 is here!
05.05 - Summer update part 3 ishere!
05.05 - July update part 2 ishere!
04.22 - June OTM Winners are here!
04.14 - July Update is here!
03.31 - Updates and Announcements are here!

SUMMER 2021

It's time for a little rest and recuperation. After a tumultuous schoolyear culminating in coordinated attacks upon both Hogwarts and London, magical citizens could certainly use a break. Summer is upon us, and while the immediate danger has passed, not every creature is taking the summer off.

JUNE 19TH - AUGUST 31 NOW OPEN

REPLY     TOPIC      POLL 

» QUIBBLER: 16 AUGUST 2021
Drakky
 Posted: Jun 20 2018, 11:57 AM

Shouty Loser

Pride Rock
Members

16 August 2021

THE OCULUS:
UNEASY LIES THE HEAD

Ravensby’s Regime

By IMRAH AUBREY

It has been so long, my loyal readership, I know and I apologise from the very fundament of my soul, but please rest assured that it could not have been otherwise. Over the course of my tenure here, with The Quibbler, I have achieved many things that I would never have thought were possible, including, of course, my success in reaching all of you out there in the wide world. I must take a moment to thank you, my sharp ones, for the support you have shown me during this long absence and for all the multitudinous owls I received imploring me to return. Know that I was not in hiding, nor ashamed to show my face, as some have suggested, following the victory of Madam Ravensby in direct contradiction to my predictions. I have been hard at work in the interests of my child, my seedling, the organisation I founded: the Prophets, whom I had unwittingly forsaken for a few weeks when my commitments elsewhere became overwhelmingly imminent. Be at ease, however, and know that I would not abandon either my position here nor my responsibilities within the Prophets.

As regards the new Minister for Magic, yes, I will admit it: I was wrong. Hingely was defeated, despite the efforts of the Wizengamot in their machinations, which included - as I predicted - the resignation of Castor Black. Minister Ravensby appears now to be a breath of fresh air, an unstoppable force moving against the worst of the Wizengamot’s policies and tearing them down one by one. I welcome her presence, my sharpest of minds, because the halls of the Ministry are stuffy and full of dust, and a cleansing has been far too long in the making. We must never forget, however, that what we have achieved here is not the triumph of good, but the triumph of a lesser evil.

Ravensby may be preferable to the Wizengamot, but she is far from what this country needs. Yes, she abolished Legal Notice 113/21, which sought to protect Muggles from exposure to our world, but she did not replace it with anything that would serve to liberate us, to defend our freedom. Already, she has moved on to other endeavours, and we can only assume she will continue along this path of wholesale policy destruction for the foreseeable future. What we have here, my sharpest shards of glass, is a reactionary politician, and those never do last long.

What our nation needs, dear readers, is an end to this autocratic government we have espoused for so long. The time for a Minister of Magic is long since past, and all the laws and restrictions that keep us from our liberation must be ground into the dust. For remember: everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen. If you find that this resonates with you - and I do not doubt that it will, for you are all to a person the most astute amongst Britain’s magical population - then keep your eyes and ears open for word of future events to be organised by the Prophets. The first of these, to be held in the coming weeks, is an informational session for young people: students and graduates fresh out of Hogwarts. We invite you all to come and learn of our vision for the future.

SPECTRAL SPOTLIGHT:
RAISING CORPSES

Inferi and Zombies

By GEMMA ROSINGS

Following the events of June 19, there is no creature more discussed, researched, or feared in the United Kingdom than the Inferius. Once considered to be nothing more than a monster under the bed, featuring only in tales of dark wizards told to our children to keep them out of trouble, the Inferius is now an all too immediate concern in our day-to-day lives as we try to come to terms with the massive uprising that very nearly exposed wizardkind to the entire world. We have been shown in no uncertain terms that the power to raise corpses exists, and there are those prepared to use it. What better time, therefore, to find out all we can about these loathsome, shadowy creatures?

Muggle media outlets called the Inferius infestation a “zombie apocalypse”, and we can see where they’re coming from. Grindelwald’s summons presented as mindless reanimated corpses, a large number in varying gruesome states of decay; they appeared to kill without prejudice, and were susceptible only to total incineration. This fits in all respects the common zombie mythos, particularly as represented in popular Muggle culture. However, it is important for us, the magical population, to make a clear distinction between Inferi and zombies, as these are two totally separate creatures and do not constitute the same threat.

First and foremost, you are unlikely to come across a zombie here in the United Kingdom, whereas we have, unfortunately, recently come across a rather worrying number of Inferi. The zombie tradition has its origins in the southern United States and parts of Africa, and is not widely practiced in other regions of the world. The raising of Inferi, on the other hand, is much more widespread as far as branches of Necromancy go, and we therefore have significantly more information about this process. Inferi may be raised for a variety of purposes, including to guard specific objects or locations, to undertake perilous tasks, or to simply kill indiscriminately. They are, essentially, no more than a corpse reanimated and preserved indefinitely by a complex network of Dark spells.

Zombies, on the other hand, may be raised for much more nefarious purposes; certain zombie traditions hold that corpses may be reanimated in order that the necromancer concerned may subsist, either entirely or in some part, on their souls. Certain learned individuals in the field maintain that this explains the infamous zombie hunger for living flesh: as they are lacking their soul or part of their soul, they are driven to consume in an attempt to fill this void. The question of souls does not apply to Inferi, which are merely Dark Magic puppets and will kill without devouring their victims.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY     TOPIC      POLL 

RPG-D NickPicHost  photo banner.gif

Poisoned Youth; an au hp rpg HG

Ataraxy Lochland Grove Cry HAVOC

skin made by miss texas at caution, cc, & shine