Mica is Offline
the site rules
- Courtesy is mandatory Maintaining a welcoming and friendly atmosphere is imperative to a happy, healthy community. Behavior should be civil at all times. If circumstances arise that are less than acceptable, please withdraw yourself and refer to an admin for assistance.
- Registering Accounts Register an OOC account first, using your alias/nickname. This will be your command central. We encourage to use this account for all PMs, mass plot page, claims and activity checks. When you are ready to create a character account, please register first name and last name, using proper capitalization. Make sure to log into your ooc account and link all character accounts using this tutorial. You will need to complete your mini profile before applications can be approved.
- Guidelines You may only apply for a human character: magical, muggle or squib. Special characteristics and inhuman qualities are disallowed. Your character may be of any background, age or occupation (as long as there is an opening in said age group or occupation). Check the claims to ensure your preferred name, face and position are not already in play. This includes first names!
- Get Real Make sure that you are realistic in the creation of your character, both physically and mentally. Flaws and weaknesses are a part of being human. Your character should not be without them. Make sure you have a look at the resources for more authentic and realistic play. Make certain your face claim looks legitimately the same age as your character.
- Creation Limits Members (unless otherwise permitted) may only create up to eight characters. Members must wait two weeks between applying for new characters in order to settle each in properly. Please take character deaths, arrests, and other serious matters, seriously. These kinds of events create a lot of work for Admins and should be treated with an appropriate level of respect. If it is your intention to have your character face these kinds of consequences, please let an admin know beforehand.
CHARACTER CREATION RULES:
1. Only 8 characters per member
2. Only 5 Hogwarts students per member
3. Only 1 Hogwarts adult per member
4. New Hogwarts Professors should be over the age of 40. They must also have a valid specialty and training, and must be assumed to have started with the 2020 school year or years before (except for DADA).
- Activity In order to create additional characters, all preexisting characters must post at least once per week consistently.
- Claims After acceptance, please take a moment to reply in all appropriate claims. Claims are first-come, first-served unless you fill out a reserve. Reserves are good for one week. You must fill out your claims and plotter before posting in character.
- Graphics 250x400 avatars are mandatory, signature use is disabled to facilitate more fluid reading.
- Activity Activity is important to the flow of the game. You must be active in-character at least once every two weeks in order to keep your claims. New characters may only be applied for when current characters are all active. Please do not apply for a canon character if you cannot post multiple times per week.
- Quality over quantity While we strive for at least two full paragraphs per in-character post, the quality of the post is much more important. Always keep in mind that proper grammar, correct punctuation, third-person, past tense, and pleasing deliverance are expected. Also remember that power-playing, godmoding, plagiarism, spam and chatspeak are never allowed while in-character.
- Posting Guidelines All text within IC threads should be black. Fell free to be as creative as you'd like in the Diaries forum, but for general threads, black text ensures readability. When posting in character you may use our site-template below:
|[dohtml]<div class="n-site-template"> <h1>optional title here</h1> <h2>tag here</h2> <div class="maincontent scroll"> post here </div> <img src="your graphic here" class="appimage"> </div>[/dohtml] |
- Etiquette Please remember to display proper post etiquette when threading. Allow other members a reasonable opportunity to respond, and if you must skip someone, please clear it with them beforehand. This may be confusing during larger threads, but please keep track of who you are speaking to so that everyone has an opportunity to react.
- Tag and Datestamp Always preface your threads with a date from the calendar in the header using the format: DD MONTH YYYY. Use the @alias tag feature in the body of your post for easy notification of replies.