T
F
S
NEWS

09.09 - March OTMs are here!
09.02 - April events are here!
09.02 - April update is here!
08.26 - March OTM submissions are here!
08.05 - March update (moving forward) is here!
07.20 - HFTA Challenge number 3 winner is here!
07.14 - Plot update is here!
06.24 - February OTMs are here!
06.17 - March events are here!

APRIL 2021
The Wizarding World is once again free to move as it will, but those liberated from the barrier are not the only ones taking full advantage of their newfound liberation and mobility. Danger roams free...and hides in plain sight.
APRIL 1-30 NOW OPEN

REPLY     TOPIC      POLL 

» Charlie's Diary, Probably Jinxed
Charlie Scaife
 Posted: Jul 4 2017, 03:27 PM

Sixth Year Student

Hogwarts
Ravenclaw

An old exercise book, stolen from a muggle primary school and transfigured to look like the ratty fourth hand copy of 'Tales of Beedle the bard' that Charlie translated as a project for their O.W.L. in Ancient Runes. They're using a biro instead of a quill and keeping this book with their assortment of other old and well used textbooks in a half hearted attempt to conceal it.

March 1st 2021
Funds: £85.47, 3 galleons, 12 sickles, 18 knuts. Operation ponce around Australia and never get a real job is a long way off.

Decided to start keeping one of these again. Might just mean I'm regressing back to a fourteen year old. If I start writing cradle of filth lyrics in here then I'll know it's terminal and I'll have to put myself down.

Barrier's closed fully as of today. No post in, no post out. This could mean the winds of winter has been released and the staff want to read it first, or it could be someone forgot to pay the bills again. Some bright spark says it's got to be something to do with this anti-muggle group 'they' are always talking about. Prophets of destruction or something, sounds more like an awful metalcore band to me.

If the last prophet I saw is anything to go by I guess it's possible. Limits on muggle-wizard interactions. Probably means I'm not going to be able to go back to my summer job this year. Might be worse. I'm going to have to keep an eye on things and try to work out exactly what the wizarding equivalent of an attic in Amsterdam is. I'm hoping it's all daily mail talk, but I have a horrible feeling I'm going to be on a register soon. Perhaps I'll get to spend summer in some kind of camp to help my concentration.

Or maybe I'm being deeply paranoid again. Been reading too many history books about the last war. Problem is these wizards don't have any kind of publication standards or peer review.

Then again. Maybe that's why I've started writing this thing again. Leave a written record of my existence behind just in case I really am first against the wall when the revolution comes. Muggleborn registration from the last war and all that.

March 2nd
Funds: Unchanged

♫Hell ain't a bad place, hell is from here to eternity♫

Had that in my head all day. Need to buy that guitar if/when I can.

March 3rd
Funds: Unchanged

Rained all day. Just thought I should record that.

March 4th
Funds: +£2, skimmed some fourth year's ancient runes homework for him.

Heard the school had a war council yesterday. Wish they'd share what was actually going on with us mere mortals, but I suppose sitting on it only increases the paranoia levels, not the panic ones.

March 7th
Funds: unchanged

Literally nobody will ever read this. Not even me.

Imprisoned

Slender beams of accusation enter
this darkened prison as I kneel,
always despairing, always forlorn,
frozen here,
waiting.

Accusing forms wrought in panes of glass loom as
dust dances in the air,
forming an image in my mind,
infiltrating my exposed soul.

Realization dawning on my face.

I raise my head, now railing against
this callous truth.

This post has been edited by Charlie Scaife: Jul 29 2017, 07:18 PM
Charlie Scaife
 Posted: Aug 24 2017, 02:19 PM

Sixth Year Student

Hogwarts
Ravenclaw

March 17th
funds: £90, 4 galleons and some change.

Went off this for a while since things were quiet. Things happened today. The barrier's down. Don't really know why, don't know what was going on outside. Just know I'm apparently one of the few Ravenclaws with any sense in their heads since half the house ran away to be heroes or something. Forget that. I'm not going to be writing a historical record of what went on, but I'll summarise it as the staff telling us to stay put in our common room, and then a random house elf showing up out of nowhere, telling people help is needed in the village and then disapparating again. Not exactly a trustworthy source, it reeked like an ambush and with what feels like half the muggleborns in the school already in the hospital wing, I was not going to fall for anything that obvious.

I've heard something about a dragon. Apparently there were deaths. Not to say I told you so, but...

March 20th
funds: yes.

Oh look. The ministry is hushing up the whole dragon thing, mentioning no deaths, and refusing to return to whatever it is they normally do all day. States of emergency, restrictions on interacting with muggles,...next it'll be a ban on 'mixed' marriages, then it'll be time to round us up and ship us off to work camps in the wilderness.

Seriously considering making a run for the border a day after my 17th.

March 25th

Bombarda Maxima. Stupefy Duo. Remember these when they come for you.

March 30th

Read the prophet today. In years to come they'll look back on this as the wizarding equivalent of the night of the long knives.

Yatton got stomped. This is only the beginning. I am terrified.

I will not not go gentle into that good night. I'm going to have to learn to duel. And how to publish a prison newspaper for when I inevitably fail to duel my way through the entire ministry or whatever was supposed to have happened in the war.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY     FAST REPLY     TOPIC      POLL 

RPG-D Expecto Patronum  photo banner.gif War Is Brewing FIDELIUS

Wizarding Warfare Ilvermorny  Fidelius Relashio! Pumpkin Juice

ACTA INCREDIBLE SURFACE LIES NickPicHost

skin made by miss texas at caution, cc, & shine