S
M
T
W
T
F
S
NEWS

07.20 - HFTA Challenge number 3 winner is here!
07.14 - Plot update is here!
06.24 - February OTMs are here!
06.17 - March events are here!
06.17 - March update is here!
06.10 - February OTM submissions are here!
06.01 - updates and surveys here!
05.08 - updates and reminders here!
05.02 - quidditch update 2.5 here!

MARCH 2021
A convergence approaches. Forces in opposition begin their final journey toward impact. The world tilts and there is no hope to stop it now. Brace for collision. Watch these boundaries shatter.
MARCH 1ST-17TH NOW OPEN

REPLY     TOPIC      POLL 

» 11 March 2021 || Who Wrote The Book On Goodbye?, Tag: Rebecca
Dylan Illingworth
 Posted: Jul 12 2017, 03:25 AM

7th Year Student

Hogwarts
Head Boy

Another visit to the music room. He had been going out far too often and apart from that, he had also been balancing time between his studies and whatever that was going on in Hogsmeade. There had not been any time for him to take a breather and have some alone time to himself to write songs. However, it was through these series of events that he had found himself experiencing a lot more things than he ever would in his entire lifetime. For someone who seemed to have a lot to complain about in his head and dealt poorly with stress, Dylan felt like this was something within his means in spite of the fact that it was clearly on a bigger scale: it involved communities of people and spoke volumes about what he was dealing with — what they were dealing with.

Right after class, it seemed that no one else was interested in going to Hogsmeade, much to his relief. At the same time, he knew he also had every right to arrange another date with them but if there was one thing Dylan was prey to, it was the sad puppy-like expressions he saw on the faces of kids when they were turned down. However, he knew there were times he needed to be selfish, especially considering the fact that he was graduating soon. When he had been younger, graduation had been a terrifying thing but that was because to the little boy that time, it had meant that he wouldn't be able to see his brother on a daily basis. He remembered bursting into tears until it was explained to him that he would still see the older boy during vacation period; it wasn't a permanent thing like he had thought it would be and he had lightened up at the thought.

Upon entering the music room, it seemed that he was not the only one here today: his fellow music buddy was here too. "Hello Becca," he greeted her with a smile as he slid onto the piano chair, in front of the piano, stretching his fingers as he did so. His fingers glided over the cold surface of the keys, having missed the feeling of pressing a myriad of keys at the same time and hearing the melodies that accompanied afterwards. He had not seen her in forever so it was a relief to see a familiar face, especially one he considered himself close to.

TAGGED // @Merel
NOTES // The Other by Lauv is the muse for this thread :3

This post has been edited by Dylan Illingworth: Jul 12 2017, 03:27 AM
Rebecca Riley
 Posted: Jul 13 2017, 10:39 PM

6th Year Student

Hogwarts
Gryffindor

Rebecca didn't like to admit it to herself but despite the fact she was trying to get over everything, to move on from how terrible she had been feeling, she was not doing a very good job at it. Although she had taken a step in the right direction by connecting with her friends after her brief mourning period. All of that seemed stupid and she didn't feel particularly good about anything. She still tried, of course. But the last few months were wearing her down- like a storm, harsh seas battering against a cliff. It was all just chipping away at her. She tried to ignore it, but then she'd see Scott and feel as if she were falling. She tried to tell herself she was trying to get over him, but no. She was only lying to herself, and she was starting to hate lying to herself.

As usual her only outlet was playing the cello. It was the only way to truly work through her feelings, if only to expel them- let them be carried away on the waves of the music. Her cello was the only thing she could fully count on. People left, did stupid things, but a cello wouldn't do that. A cello enhanced someone, gave a voice to the emotions that harbored itself within a hear. A cello wouldn't break a heart unless purposefully through music. Right now, for this moment Rebecca could only trust her cello. Every day she found some time to hide away from the real world and play. Those moments were her favourite part of the day.

Today, a visitor arrived. A real friend in the flesh. Dylan. It had been a while since the two of them had played together, or even hung out together. She knew he had been busy lately and she felt bad. "Well, if it isn't my dear friend, the head boy." She smiled. There was a part of her that was annoyed at him for interrupting her and she didn't know where that came from. "How have things been?" She stopped playing and relaxed her body to conform to her chair. She had missed him, but then again there was an abundance on the missing levels- there were too many people she missed these days. Sam, Scott, Finley, Bonnie, her brothers, and even her mother. Friends, family, ghosts. Even the friends she tried to hang out with she missed. Maybe she just missed the life she had before everything went wrong. She couldn't know, she only knew what she was feeling.

@Natalie
Dylan Illingworth
 Posted: Jul 17 2017, 02:55 PM

7th Year Student

Hogwarts
Head Boy

Rebecca's presence here with him was like a breath of fresh air, away from all things politic and school-related. There was a clear lack of Scott in her life and it didn't take a genius to know that the two of them had broken up for reasons unknown to Dylan but word has it that Scott had retreated back to how he had been before he had started more time with his little sister, one that he did not know until a little before Sebastian had hung out with her that one fine day. The Pollexfens were pretty private about their relation with each other, especially since he had not seen the two of them hung out much until some time last year. With Scott being a Ravenclaw as well, Dylan was sad to say that he had not seen the boy around much either, even though they were in the same class. He figured that it was not a good idea to bring up Scott around Rebecca, not until he was certain that she had moved on; the wound was still pretty fresh, considering how recent they had gotten together.

"If it makes you happy, I confessed to Hecuba and, well, she rejected me nicely. Promised me a dance at Valentine's Day if she decided to turn," he explained, recalling the slight disappointment he had felt when she did not but still, she had mentioned beforehand that it was only if she ever decided to turn up, considering the fact she had no plans to go and she wouldn't go just for him, not wanting to bring his hopes up. While it did not go smoothly as he had hoped, it had certainly taken a kinder turn than expected and that was more than enough for him. "It feels a little lighter, now that she knows. I think that's what matters most to me, rather than having her return the same feeling."

His fingers drifted over the keys lightly and quickly, producing a melody reflecting his current mood: it had a sombre tone to it but yet, it left him feeling very happy and nostalgic. It was a simple song, he remembered, but it sounded rather memorable.

TAGGED // @Merel
NOTES // The song being played on piano by Dylan
Rebecca Riley
 Posted: Jul 20 2017, 11:15 PM

6th Year Student

Hogwarts
Gryffindor

The music room was a haven for the both of them, Rebecca knew that. For her, it had been the first room at Hogwarts that felt safe. At a time like this, it was more important than ever to feel safe. There had been so many changes and she could easily say she wasn't sure who she was anymore. Not really. Usually, she was a generally happy person, she loved to laugh and have fun. Lately, that was something that was hard. It was sad. The world had made her this way. She wanted to be happy and smile. She wanted to laugh and joke with her friends. It was harder these days to want to hang out with her friends, but she was doing it. And when she wasn't pretending to be happy and hanging out with her friends or studying, she was here in this one room where she felt she could breathe. And for those moments she thought she knew who she was.

A small smile did appear on her face as Dylan told her he had confessed. But it was a little sad to hear she didn't share his feelings. "I'm sorry to hear that. But I'm proud of you for telling her." Now seemed as good a time as any to confess something like that. Who knew what was to come. Surely things weren't over. After all, they were still behind this barrier- that was supposed to keep them safe. Not that it seemed to be doing a good job. People were still being hurt. This news, however, did feel like something normal that should be happening to them. They were teenagers still. Even if this was Dylan's last year. Last few months. The thought made her feel sad. She was going to miss him. He was going to leave her and she couldn't follow. What was she meant to do?

"At least she was nice about it. That has to count for something." She said softly. She understood what he meant about him feeling lighter. She had felt the same way when she had shared her feelings with Scott. "I think you're handling this much better than most people. One day you'll find some girl that will share your feelings and you guys will live happily ever after." She wished that for him. She thought she had found that in Scott, but apparently it wasn't meant to be. If she couldn't feel good about her own prospectives now, while she grieved the end of her relationship, she could at least be optimistic about someone else's love life. After all, she was a hopeless romantic. Everybody deserved to have that special person, to live happily ever after. By Merlin's Beard, she really hoped he'd get that. It was a good thing to think about, that hope when thinking about the future. Because right now things weren't going well. But there was a future. There had to be.

@Natalie
Dylan Illingworth
 Posted: Yesterday at 11:37 pm

7th Year Student

Hogwarts
Head Boy

Dylan grinned inwardly at the compliment, knowing his family would have been proud of him handling the situation in the most appropriate manner. Jaime might not have approved of him being in love with girls, considering that the older Illingworth was far more hardworking and more composed, although he somewhat acted differently. Between Jaime and Dylan, the younger boy was the one who needed more reassurance as compared to Jaime and the one who struggled to find his grounding, even though it was clear music would be the ideal career path to take.

"I have music to thank though," Dylan admitted. One thing he treasured more than getting a girlfriend was the sound of melodies echoing throughout the room, very faintly as he lightly pressed his fingers against the pristine white keys. Had he not been playing the piano, he was sure books would have entertained him but there was something about creating songs to share with the world that was ever so rewarding.

Glancing over at Rebecca, he twisted his body just a little and asked, "What song would you like to play today? You probably need some music therapy of the sorts." His eyes softened even more than they already could.

TAGGED // @Merel
NOTES // Sorry this is so short. My muse just went BOOM
Rebecca Riley
 Posted: Today at 07:02 pm

6th Year Student

Hogwarts
Gryffindor

"Music is rather fantastic that way," Rebecca agreed. Dylan was one of the only people that understood exactly what music meant. Well, not exactly, music was a very personal experience. But he understood just how it could impact someone's life. For her, it had always been a refuge from the real world, a way for her to work through all the negative emotions that she harboured. Anger, fear, confusion, sadness. All the things she tried to hide away from the world. Aside from that her music made her feel powerful, more attune with herself. It was an incredible feeling. She was glad that all those years ago she had chosen the cello as her life line. She was glad the music had called out to her soul that way. She was forever indebted to her cello and her music.

The look Dylan gave her made her look away, down at her cello. "You must have heard or noticed..." She sighed softly. Of course, he had. Everybody that knew her knew. Not that anybody liked to bring it up. She could barely bring it up. She hated to think about it, even if it was constantly in her mind- especially sitting in class. She wanted to get over it, but it was easier said than done. Maybe if circumstances were different, if it had happened when the tragedy wasn't following Hogwarts constantly. At least then she wouldn't have been grieving for everything else, wouldn't be feeling scared. Things would have been different, but then again if any of this hadn't happened would they have broken up? Would Scott have retreated into himself like he had now?

"I don't think music therapy would help completely. But it certainly would make it better." She nodded, glancing back up at him, a sad frown on her face. "You're probably wondering what happened. Honestly, so do I. He just..." She shrugged. "Left. He disappeared. For whatever reason, he couldn't deal and started to pull away. Eventually, I got him to talk and everything ended. He was an asshole, but I couldn't be angry at him. I couldn't even raise my voice at him. We said a lot of things to each other and then just like that it was over." Her heart was beating a sad rhythm, thinking about that day. "He was the one to walk away, leaving me behind. It was really sad. I know he cares for me, but he just... I don't know." She took a deep breath in and slowly let it out. It took effort not to cry. She still had nightmares about that talk, a hidden angry part of her liked to mess with the reality, made it much worse than it had been. "I never thought it would come to that."

@Natalie
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY     FAST REPLY     TOPIC      POLL 

RPG-D Expecto Patronum  photo banner.gif War Is Brewing FIDELIUS

Wizarding Warfare Ilvermorny  Fidelius Relashio! Pumpkin Juice

ACTA INCREDIBLE SURFACE LIES

skin made by miss texas at caution, cc, & shine