S
M
T
W
T
F
S
NEWS

08.11. - September Update: Part Two is here!
08.05. - Summer OTM Winners are here!
07.27 - September is here!
06.20 - Summer Festival Event is here!
06.20 - Summer Update: Part 4 is here!

SEPTEMBER 2021

All aboard! The Hogwarts Express, bearing no traces of the bloodshed it has seen, leaves King's Cross Station on September 1st. Another school year begins. Students nervously return to Hogwarts' hallowed halls, while parents linger beside windows, awaiting the first owls home from their children to report that all is well. Trouble brews under London as tension rises to the surface. One thing everyone knows? The long days of summer are over.

SEPTEMBER 1st - 30th NOW OPEN

REPLY     TOPIC      POLL 

» WWN News: 19 June 2021
NPC
 Posted: Feb 27 2018, 10:55 AM

-

-
Wizarding World

19 June 2021

The Wizarding Wireless Network

The last warbles of a plodding dirge fade from the airwaves of the WWN as a song to echo the sense of sluggishness that approaching heat has inflicted on the Wizarding World comes to its end. A wizard's voice fades in, and he begins to speak, overlapping with those last, wavering chords. His tone is decidedly bored.

Scintillating stuff, magical pals and gals. Once again, that was Recipe for Disaster performed by Britain's only all-harp trio, Cupid's Ugly Cousins. It's a wild ride over here at the WWN, on this beautiful Saturday afternoon. Before we jump into our next song, let's take a moment to thank our sponsors, and wish those kiddos up at Hogwarts castle a safe-

The sound of static overtakes the wizard's voice, and for a moment his words are lost. There is a brief period of interference, interspersed with the occasional clear word, and then the signal clears again.

Sorry for the interruption, folks. I've just received word of developments in the wizarding world. Stay tuned for transfer live to London. Germaine, take it away.

A moment's pause, and then, a woman's voice, hushed and hurried. Her breath sounds short, as if she is on the move.

This is Germaine Quickley, coming to you live from London, where events seem to be developing quickly. I've just received word of some rather alarming activity taking place in the city center. Reports indicate a rather large mass of magical persons coming across Millennium Bridge, and at their head...I'm just waiting for visual confirmation. Brace for apparition.

There is a high popping sound, followed by a blip of silence, and then Germaine's voice returns.

Merlin's balls. It's true. Ladies and gentleman, Gellert Grindelwald himself, that wizard purportedly raised from the grave some months ago, has made an appearance at last. From my vantage point I can make out his approach. Thank goodness I brought my omnioculars. Get yourself a pair today, Quidditch fans. It seems that the dark wizard is leading a march of some sort. No drastic action yet, but...wait... He's just raised his wand into the air, and- oh no. There are sparks flying above the Millennium Bridge. Grindelwald and his followers appear to be intent upon attracting attention, shooting off sparks and fireworks in the middle of the Thames, and- okay, who brought a Chudley Canon's rocket? That's just distasteful.

From here I can see the looks on people's faces. There are Muggles watching this, magical folks, and they look shocked. I just...I don't believe this. Muggle automobiles are coming to a halt. Crowds are gathering. There are so many people. I-

Some kind of counter-strike appears to be arriving, but they'll have to work fast. Grindelwald is ripping up the Statute of Secrecy like tissue paper...

MESSAGE     EMAIL     
^
NPC
 Posted: Mar 6 2018, 10:23 PM

-

-
Wizarding World

19 June 2021

There is a great cacophony over the waves of the wireless as what sounds to be a series of explosions, gradually increasing in volume, flood through. A voice can be heard amid the din, struggling to compete, but after a moment of effort it ceases. Another high popping sound clears the air, and there is silence again. When the broadcast returns, so do the explosions, but the sound of them has grown much fainter. Germaine's voice speaks with a pronounced tremble.

Sorry about that, folks. There's some serious action taking place here, and I've had to move a little further away. I'm currently taking shelter on a rooftop where a smokestack has provided me some much needed cover from all the blasting going on. I've compromised some of my visibility in the process, but until the action shifts it just isn't safe to get any closer. I'm taking a risk here, so close to the Muggle population, but honestly I doubt if anyone would bother turning in my direction at the moment. I wish I could warn the forming crowd they need to back away but...so many of them are just standing there fascinated, like they think it's all a big show.

Signs of arriving retaliation only seem to have made Grindelwald and his followers more determined to get their message across, and as I'm sure you can hear, they've stepped it up with the light show. It's not just sparks anymore, however. Blasting curses have begun to fly. Almost threw me off a platform. I think I got nicked by some of the debris. Anyway, I-

A sudden crack disrupts Germaine's commentary, and the witch gasps, pausing for a moment.

Oh for Merlin's sake, don't startle me like that... What? Are you serious? Where...?

Ladies and gentleman, I've just been joined by a local wizard with some shocking news. What's your name?

A male voice:

Uh. Hi. Um. I'm, uh. Nathan. Um...

Germaine:

Don't be scared of the radio, Nate. My new friend here comes bearing news of Inferi movements around London. It would appear the dark wizard reanimated is not alone. Where did you say you saw them again, Nate?

Nathan:

There was... Um, Diagon Alley. My name's Nathan, though...

Germaine:

Not the time, Nate. You heard it folks, Inferi have been sighted in Diagon Alley. Keep on alert for further signs of the undead throughout the city, and should you catch sight of one of those walking corpses, be sure to Firecall in to our twenty-four hour hotline at the Wizarding Wireless Network, where our man, Basil Ashmith, is standing by. Hunker down and stay safe out there. That goes for you too, Nate. I've got to move again. It looks like matters on the bridge are...hang on...

The sound of apparition comes again, and when the broadcast returns, the sound of spellwork can be heard in the distance, voices calling out as magic cracks the air.

I'll stay close as long as I can, but it appears that Auror forces have begun their attempts to break apart the crowd. I can see some individuals among Grindelwald's following moving to flee, but others seem determined to retaliate. That'll cost them in the end. The focus has got to be on Grindelwald, however, and...yes. I can see the attempt to make a path to him now. They're clearing the way. It looks like someone's trying to get through. I have my onmioculars, but there are so many people in the way, I... Wait! There he is, sure as day. Harry Potter, the Boy Who Lived, the Dark Lord Defeater himself, has emerged from the crowd!

MESSAGE     EMAIL     
^
NPC
 Posted: Mar 22 2018, 07:24 AM

-

-
Wizarding World

19 June 2021

Well, this is certainly something I never thought I'd see. Grindelwald and Harry Potter are facing off across the Millenium bridge. It appears...some attempt to communicate is being made. I can't...hear from here, but I can almost...read Potter's lips...

I can't be certain, but if I had to guess, I'd say he's asking Grindelwald to come quietly. Or reading him his rights. Or filling him in on what happened to the last dark wizard that tried to take a bite out of him. I imagine it's something along the lines of 'Oi Grindy, you remember that bloke what done you in? Yeah, well I killed him twice, didn't I? Not the first time I've had to put a trumped up dark lord back to bed.' Normal hero stuff like that.

It appears his accompaniment of law enforcement have got their hands full dealing with the rioting crowd. There's an attempt being made to get them in line, but- oh Merlin, mate. Someone's taken a shot at one of the Aurors. This is getting serious now, a- where's he going?? Oh for fu- er. I mean, it appeared Grindelwald was attempting to make a break for it, but he's reappeared a short distance farther down the Millenium Bridge. Looks like anti-disapparition wards haven't gone up around the area yet. Or he's testing their strength. Potter's advancing. It almost seems...are they clearing ground for a duel? That crowd is really getting punchy now. It's probably for the best he gains some distance. They're closing in around Auror forces...galloping gargoyles, someone's just gone over the side into the water. They're not having it anymore, are they?

It's all flashing lights and loud noises in there. I can hardly see for all the people. But they're leaving Potter be for now, and fortunately he's got a bit of defense at his back. The Boy Who Lived is focusing all of his attention on Grindelwald as he advances across the bridge. There's a slight limp to his step these days. Seems he never quite recovered from Bulgaria, but that's hardly holding him back now. Grindelwald almost looks like he's toying with him...Oh! A nice save. Grindelwald took a shot, but Potter deflected easily. Toying with him I think...Another shot there, dead against Potter's shield. You could cut the tension between them with a knife. Such a contrast to that scrum on the other end of the bridge. Potter seems to be refusing to take the bait. He's still talking...He's looking for an opening...He-

Above the faint sound of chaos in the background of the reporter's words - shouts and spellwork blurring together as the unruly crowd engages Auror forces - a sudden series of screams pierces the air.

What on earth is happening now?? There are screams rising from the Muggle crowd. I think- ah!

The sound of an explosion momentarily overpowers the broadcast.

Looks like that was just the sort of opening Grindelwald was waiting for! He's lashed out with a blasting curse, nearly taking the bridge out from under Potter's feet! A bit of quick thinking and...Potter's coming through the debris on the offensive! I've never seen a pair of wizards swap curses this fast. Grindelwald's fireworks looked like party snaps in comparison to this. What is that commotion, though? Something's breaking up the onlooking Muggle crowd from behind. Merlin, I've never seen so much going on at once. I think...I think...oh Nate, I think your Inferi have reached the Thames.

MESSAGE     EMAIL     
^
NPC
 Posted: Mar 30 2018, 07:17 AM

-

-
Wizarding World

19 June 2021

Basil. If you're listening I need another reporter on this case with me!!! This has turned into such a...I can't even. Potter's swapping spells with Grindelwald faster than I can pick them out. The bridge is really taking a beating as Grindy deflects, and he's giving back as good as he's getting. Lots of red, and a bit of nasty looking green...Best be careful, Potter, you never can expect these types to play fair. How he's keeping his focus in all this rabble I can't even imagine. There's uproar from the crowd, but I can see law enforcement trying to pen them in. They're getting in each others' ways...too many protesters. And still with the fireworks, by Godric. But no, it seems Auror forces have had enough of that, too. They're casting a net over the whole crowd, pushing them farther back toward the bank...Got to give Potter all the room they can, but there's hardly far they can go. Muggles on either side, and at Grindelwald's back the screaming.

I can see the Muggles starting to cut and run where they can...And that sound...I think...oh shit, they've got police on the way. If you've never heard a Muggle siren before, that's the sound their carriages make to alert them someone's called in a bit of trouble. Between the fireworks and the angry mob and the dead people...Yeah, it really isn't that surprising someone sent for them, it just...oh, this is so bad. Potter knows it, I think...he seems distracted and- He's been hit! That looks like a nasty bit of curse-work to the leg, there. He staggers. Doesn't miss a beat! Grindelwald will have to do better than that if he wants to take out Harr Potter. The Boy Who Lived continues to advance, but Grindelwald is backing dangerously close to Muggle crowds now. Onlookers seem to have realized as much, but those closest to the bridge have been trapped by the masses behind them. The Inferi are driving them forward and there's nowhere to go. It- He did not just-

Grindelwald has just summoned Fiendfyre! It races towards Potter...and he's sending it right back! But how long can the two of them play this game? There's so little room between them, and the flames are lashing out, spreading along the bridge...Can Muggle construction stand up to magical flame, you think?...Grindelwald is feinting back. He...if he lets those flames slip past him...those Muggles gathered don't stand a chance. Oh, someone has to get down there before...before- Grindelwald has apparated again! Jumped nearer the Muggles. I'm not sue if he can get much farther than that. But the fire is fightingPotter! It seems to be rising and falling, growing and shrinking like...yes, I think it might be a phoenix. He barely has a reign on it now, and if it skips too far in either direction it'll be either him or the civilians. There's no room for him to maneuver, but...wait...is that....

It seems a barrier has been erected behind Grindelwald. I'm not sure if he's noticed it yet. His eyes are still fixed on the fire, but I can see it shimmering there. I think Potter seems it. He...he's still struggling...the fire is fighting hard...the flames have broken away! Grindelwald's own fiery phoenix is racing toward him, and he's stepping out of the way, but- Yes! The barrier redirected it back toward him and- MERLIN'S BEARD! It's passed over Grindelwald! Potter continues to struggle with the flames, but other Aurors are turning from the fray now. It looks like they've gotten the magical protest under control. They're driving the cursed flames out over the water together, and...with a well aimed counter-curse, Potter disperses the flames in a dazzling shower of sparks!

There's smoke and debris everywhere, but I can see now. I think....yes! Ladies and gentlemen, for the second time in history, the dark wizard Grindelwald has been destroyed! I doubt there's any coming back from that pile of ash he's left behind. Aurors are turning to the Muggle crowds now, but it appears they've begun to settle as well. A hush is falling. It's eerie how much London looks like a battlefield. There are dead bodies everywhere. It's...it's the Inferi! The Inferi have fallen as one! BASIL, DO YOU HEAR ME? I NEED AN UPDATE AT ONCE!!!

MESSAGE     EMAIL     
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY     TOPIC      POLL 

RPG-D NickPicHost  photo banner.gif

Poisoned Youth; an au hp rpg HG

Ataraxy Lochland Grove Cry HAVOC IKM

skin made by miss texas at caution, cc, & shine