S
M
T
W
T
F
S
NEWS

08.11. - September Update: Part Two is here!
08.05. - Summer OTM Winners are here!
07.27 - September is here!
06.20 - Summer Festival Event is here!
06.20 - Summer Update: Part 4 is here!

SEPTEMBER 2021

All aboard! The Hogwarts Express, bearing no traces of the bloodshed it has seen, leaves King's Cross Station on September 1st. Another school year begins. Students nervously return to Hogwarts' hallowed halls, while parents linger beside windows, awaiting the first owls home from their children to report that all is well. Trouble brews under London as tension rises to the surface. One thing everyone knows? The long days of summer are over.

SEPTEMBER 1st - 30th NOW OPEN

REPLY     TOPIC      POLL 

» AVERY, Aspen Anastasia, Lyla
Aspen Avery
 Posted: Apr 13 2018, 03:26 PM

6th year student

England
Ravenclaw

aspen anastasia avery

16 years old. Sixth Year Student. Hogwarts. Ravenclaw. Paulina Singer.

Lyla. 22. EST. PM/Discord.

Birthday: March 2nd, Pisces.
Wand: Willow, Unicorn Hair. 13 ⅖ inches. Springy.
Patronus: N/A
Boggart: Her mother yelling at her.
Mirror of Erised: Having a bunch of freedom and a lot of plants.

Mum says my father left us shortly after I was born. I don’t remember him, of course. I was just a baby. She said that he had family in another country and that they had wrote back and forth, discussing his plans to leave. She said my father hated this country and he also hated his family. But apparently, he hated his family’s reputation in the country more. He hated it enough to leave and opt for the lesser of two evils or something. I don’t blame him, but I wish I could meet him. Sometimes I try to find him, and I look around for any clues I can find around our house. This was his house, the Avery Estate. But she doesn’t like calling it that. She says the Avery Estate is no longer, buried as deep at the roots of our betony flower bed. Whatever that means.

Mum is from the Ukraine, up in the Carpathian Mountains. She says she hates her family, too. They all went to Durmstrang, but she said that she didn’t go. She tells me that her magic’s locked up inside her and she needs help to get it out. I’ll help her, I’ve told her from the time I was three. I love her, and I want her magic to be free like mine. She says her friends, our plants and potions, and most importantly, I will help her. It’s just a hard process. I don’t really know what the process exactly means, but Mum says she’ll tell me when I’m old enough. I’m almost sixteen, I think I’m capable of handling whatever the process is, but she still refuses. Maybe she doesn’t even know herself, she just doesn’t want to admit it. Mum is stubborn like that.

Most of my time growing up was spent outside or in the greenhouse. When Mum wasn't around, like when she was at work or something, I'd either (attempt to) experiment with my plants or wander around the Estate looking for things about my father or his family. I'm a very curious person, I always have been. I don't like cities. I hate having to go to Diagon Alley with Mum or wherever else she'd make me go. It's too grey and dark. It looks dead. As a kid, I always preferred colorful, lively things. That's stuck with me as I've aged.

When I got my Hogwarts letter, Mum was weird. She was happy, but also sad at the same time. I think it was because she was going to miss me. Or maybe she was afraid I'd slack off and I'd wander about, just like I did whenever she wasn't around me. I was sorted into Ravenclaw the moment the ugly hat touched my head. Mum said that being sorted into Ravenclaw is a good thing. She said it means I’m smart and that being smart is important in life.

I always wished I was sorted into Slytherin, though. That’s the only thing I know about my father and his family. I found a emerald green tie, half eaten by moths and mice in the floorboard of one of the upstairs bedrooms as a kid. I like to think it was my dad’s. I want to think that I’m like him, whatever he was like. I’m a bit more laid back than Mum is. Mum is always very uptight and very serious about my studying and practicing. I know that it’s important, though. I just prefer to relax with my plants in the gardens and in the greenhouse. My plants don’t yell at me. They don’t make me feel pressured. They don't make me sad and they don't make me cry (I also cry a lot). I’m more than good enough for my plants, their bright sprouts and their pretty blossoms speak to that.

Mum hates it when she finds me with my special plants, the ones I try to splice together and experiment on. I think it’s wonderful and fun. It feels like I’m trying to create a new thing on this planet and that it’s special, even though I've never actually done it successfully yet. Mum says I need to study more and realize that there are more important things than messing up our precious plants. I always feel bad afterward, but I can’t help but keep on doing it. I like experimenting. I don’t have the freedom to do it as much as I like at home. That’s why I prefer to be at Hogwarts. I love my Mum but she makes me cry a lot. She doesn’t mean to, though. I feel selfish for wanting to do my own thing rather than help her get her magic.

I will help her first, then I can do what I want after. I want to be either a Herbologist or a Healer, I’m not sure which one yet. I’m taking all of the classes to be a Healer, just in case. I’m very good at Herbology and Potions. Charms, I’m alright. Transfiguration and Defense Against the Dark Arts are very hard. I try to study more for them, but all of the letters I get from Mum make me feel guilty. Mum says I should put most of my effort into Herbology and Potions along with practicing our own herbal magic . I have to master it. The others can be learned later. I study hard for everything anyways. Perhaps I can help her and do what I want at the same time. I’m quite indecisive.

A lot of the time, my friends and housemates laugh at me when I bring up my herbs and my gemstones. They say that it’s crazy, but it isn’t. For example, one of the girls in my dorm stole my amethyst amulet from my neck when I was asleep in the fourth year. I swear, I never felt more nervous when I had to go to class without it. I couldn’t sleep well at night at all. Mum had to mail me another one because I never found it. No one understand except for a few people in school, the ones that believe in it with me. We’ve all known each other since we were little. Our mums know each other too. It’s comforting to not be alone.

This year, I’ve been using more blue lace agate and lavender than I’ve ever had to before. This year is the one year where I found myself wanting to be home with Mum more than stay at Hogwarts. I’ve been scared, a lot. So many bad things have happened. Mum encourages me to stay in school because I need to learn more. She’s right, I know it deep down inside. But it’s so difficult to think about coming back to school after all that’s happened. I hate the train ride to and from school now. What if it crashes again? I dread the boat ride on the lake when I graduate. I hate being awake at night when it’s silent. Sometimes I think I hear wolves from the forest, but I know it’s just my imagination.

I’ll have to bring more things from home, this year. I have to keep going.

This post has been edited by Aspen Avery: Apr 13 2018, 03:45 PM
Cassandra
 Posted: Apr 15 2018, 12:59 PM

French Ship is Magic

MA
Head Admin

ACCEPTED

welcome ASPEN!

Remember to visit the

FACECLAIM
MEMBER LIST
CHARACTER LIST

As well as any other claims which might apply to your character.

Afterward, INTRODUCE YOURSELF and head over to the PLOTTERS and create a mass plot page using your ooc account. If you already have a mass plotter, simply add the new character in.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY     TOPIC      POLL 

RPG-D NickPicHost  photo banner.gif

Poisoned Youth; an au hp rpg HG

Ataraxy Lochland Grove Cry HAVOC IKM

skin made by miss texas at caution, cc, & shine